The Duke approach to Covid-19 safety measures is a commitment to providing our customers with as much of a great pub experience as possible whilst at the same time keeping our team members and customers and neighbors in Marlow safe and following government guidelines.
We are lucky that due to the recent refurb and additional tables in our pub and bar area The Duke now has plenty of space in all three areas: inside, the covered area (The Decks) and in the Garden to seat everyone safely.
To protect our customers and team members we hope you can understand that all will be asked to follow the conditions of entry to The Duke:
Customers are requested not to visit The Duke if they are displaying symptoms, have reason to suspect they may have Covid-19, or if others from your household are in a required self-isolation period.
· Children and dogs are welcome, however, for safety reasons we ask that all children are kept with you at all times and accompanied to use the toilets. Dogs must be kept on leads.
· Please dress appropriately for the weather if you are likely to be seated outside. We will have a fabulous large Marquee in the Garden to help with what the British summer throws at us….
· Each table has a set number of customers, up to six on any suitable table, and please respect appropriate social distancing at all times with individuals outside of your party as others will do for you!
· Drinking at the bar and in areas other than your allocated table is not permitted.
ESSENTIAL - PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST VISIT
Prior to your first visit it is essential that you download our drinks and table service app 'ROUND' in advance. It is free to download, and free to use, but in line with how we are allowed to open is the only method of ordering the drinks that you have patiently waited for months to have back in a pub! It only takes a couple of minutes to download and register, and best done prior to first visit. ROUND can be downloaded at any time between now and opening, but due to current restrictions, our page only goes live for orders on Saturday 4th…..
The App can be downloaded to your mobile from:
All drinks will be ordered and paid for via the ROUND all. Drinks orders outside of the app, e.g. cash and ad-hoc card payments will not be accepted. We trust that you can understand the reasons for this.
On Arrival and At Your Table
· All customers are requested to enter The Duke by the side entrance. As you have a table booked you will not be asked to queue to enter but may be asked to wait for a short time to allow people to exit safely.
· You will be directed to your table and asked to occupy your table with your guests unless you are using the toilets or you are seated in the Deck area and using the allocated smoking area. No Smoking is permitted inside the bar area or the Deck area, only in the smoking area or garden please!
· Hand sanitising stations will be positioned around the premises and customers and team members will be reminded to regularly wash and sanitise hands. Measures will be taken in the toilets to allow customers to safely use the facilities and increased cleaning, please look for signs and information whilst in the pub or ask a team member for information.
Drinks Ordering and Delivery
· All drinks will be ordered via ROUND, the full drinks list with all mixer and personal choices is enabled, please ensure you enter the correct table number!
· Once ordered your round will be prepared and delivered to one of the 3 collection stations depending on the area of the pub you are sitting in. Your server will let you know your drinks are collectable and enjoy…
· A favour: to help keep traffic of team members and you our valued friends to a minimum, we are providing an area to return glasses to, if you could assist with dropping glasses back it would be much appreciated….
· All tables, trays and glasses will be appropriately cleaned in between use. To reassure our customers all of our Team Members will be working to best practice standards for handling glasses.
It is up to us all to be responsible for ourselves and others and The Duke would like to thank all our customers in advance for working with us in these unusual times.
We look forward to welcoming you to the fantastic new Duke.
The Duke Team